Here is a list of significant changes that this release contains over version 6.6.1
- New API for efficient formula-based distributed spare array creation.
- Missing MPI-2.0 API additions to AMPI.
- Out-of-tree build is now supported.
- New target: multicore-linux-arm7
- PXSHM auto detects the node size.
- Added support for ++mpiexec with poe.
- Add new API related to migration in AMPI.
- CkLoop is now built by default.
- Scalable startup is now the default behavior when launching a job using chamrun.
Over 120 bug fixes, spanning areas across the entire system. Here is a list of the major fixes:
- Bug Fixes
- Bug fix to handle CUDA threads correctly at exit.
- Bug fix in the recovery code on a node failure.
- Bug fixes in AMPI functions – MPI_Comm_create, MPI_Testall.
- Disable ASLR on Darwin builds to fix multi-node executions.
- Add flags to enable compilation of Charm++ on newer Cray compilers with C++11 support.
- Deprecations and Deletions
- CommLib has been deleted.
- +nodesize option for PXSHM is deprecated
- CmiBool has been dropped in favor of C++’s bool.
- CBase_Foo::pup need not be called from Foo::pup.